Get ready to head back to Karkand this December with Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, the first expansion pack to DICE’s critically acclaimed Battlefield 3. Utilizing the power of Frostbite 2, the Back to Karkand expansion pack remasters four of the greatest Battlefield 2 multiplayer maps with enhanced levels of destruction: Strike at Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula. Back to Karkand continues Battlefield 3’s all-out warfare in what the New York Times has hailed as “the most visually realistic shooter on the market”.
More than a map pack, Back to Karkand marks the return of the classic Conquest Assault mode from Battlefield 2. A slight twist on the beloved Conquest mode, Conquest Assault starts with one team commanding all flags on the map while the opposing team must assault and take the flags over in order to stop their tickets from bleeding down to zero.
Back to Karkand also features three new vehicles (the STOVL fighter jet, desert buggy, and an APC), ten Battlefield 2 weapons you can bring back to the base game, five new dog tags, five new achievements/trophies, and an added layer of persistence where players complete Assignments to earn their rewards.
Since the launch of the game, Battlefield 3’s multiplayer has won over 60 industry awards and captivated fans across the globe with truly innovative team-based multiplayer augmented with powerful and free online social features found via the game’s unique social network, Battlelog.
- FOUR REIMAGINED CLASSIC BATTLEFIELD 2 MAPS: Back to Karkand features four of the most beloved Battlefield 2 maps (Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula), all fully re-imagined utilizing the power of the Frostbite 2 engine.
- ENHANCED DESTRUCTION: Frostbite 2 creates a whole new level of life-like destruction. The enhanced destruction in this expansion pack lets you turn entire maps into rubble. Chip away at cover, blow holes in walls, and bring down building façades on enemies.
- MORE WEAPONS AND VEHICLES: Enhance the signature Battlefield “Rock, Paper, Scissor” gameplay with an arsenal of ten new weapons that you can bring back to the base game and three new vehicles including the STOVL fighter jet, desert buggy, and an APC.
- PERSONALIZED DOG TAGS: Players can express their individuality with five new dog tags including Dolphin Diving and One Man Army. Players can pick the design that showcases their play style best and show it off on the battlefield.
- ENHANCED PERSISTENCE: With the introduction of the all-new Assignments, Back to Karkand features an added layer of persistence on top of what is in the base game. With a vast range of unlockables and upgrades, the combined persistence in Battlefield 3 and Back to Karkand will keep players occupied even longer.
- POWERFUL SOCIAL FEATURES IN BATTLELOG: Players will never go into battle alone thanks to the powerful new community features of Battlelog. Players can build their Platoon, communicate with other gamers, and compare their prowess with friends and foes alike. Battlelog is free on all platforms.